Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Moving Moving Moving

It seems there is a lot of that going on these days!
Please send prayers for wisdom as we make a final shuffle of children and staff. The recent neighbor issue and the arrival of my family in early October has precipitated a fairly sizable rotation of kids. I hate to move them, more disruption in their young lives, but I also think that if we plan this move well, we should be set for many years to come. There are always unforeseen circumstances, but we try to keep them as stable as possible. I hope we will also be able to have more consistency in caregivers soon. 


We are also casting a net for a piece of property where we can have a school that is either in a small business, rather than residential, building or a stand alone facility. I like, no I love, the idea of having more space for the school. Perhaps one day we can even take some children with disabilities from the community! I do have mixed feelings though about raising the children in a walled off compound.  While this is fine for babies and toddlers, since most of our children will likely stay with us until young adulthood, I am concerned about creating an environment that is too removed from the community at large. We want our eaglets to soar into the world some day, and our job is to prepare them as best we can.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment